This year, Children’s Museum of Illinois is offering two different volunteer tracks: Junior Educators and Play Guides
Children’s Museum of Illinois is now accepting applications for our Junior Volunteer (JV) Program. Youth going into 8th-10th grades in 2018 that are searching for a way to be active in their community, learn important job skills, and make new friends are encouraged to apply. Both tracks will help develop skills in responsibility, cooperation, and critical.
- Be entering 8th-10th grades in 2018
- Commit to at least one 2 or 3 hour shift once a week
- Purchase a Museum T-shirt for $10
- Attend mandatory training session June 5th from 1P-3P.
Being a Play Guide is a perfect fit for outgoing and energetic volunteers that enjoy meeting new people and being in social settings. We will train Play Guides on each exhibit to understand the educational importance of the exhibit as well as proper ways to play with the exhibits and families during their visit to the Museum. Play Guides will be responsible for encouraging safe play and communicating with Museum Staff on any issues that may occur on the exhibit floor. This program is available June – August with two shifts- 10A-12P and 1P-3P. Play Guide training will happen in the beginning of June.
- Interact with families
- Learn about informal education
- Stay active and PLAY all day!
We’re looking for enthusiastic, upbeat, and energetic volunteers to help with our summer programs. The Junior Educators will assist in educational activities for Summer Camps and pop-up programs during Museum hours. Junior Educators will be trained in safety, child development, and activity planning. This program is available June – July. Educator Training will happen in the beginning of June.
- Learn to plan and lead games for youth
- Work directly with children at our Summer Day Camp program
- Learn about child development and group management